Recent statistics show most teens are using the Internet more than ever, and often in ways their parents do not know about:
- 59%of teens said they know how to hide what they do online from their parents
- 73% of teens use social networking sites
- 75% view videos on video-sharing sites
- 62% use instant messaging
- 33%swap music and video files on file sharing networks like LimeWire or FrostWire
I talked with expert, Tracy Mooney, McAfee Chief Cyber Security Mom, who explained to me a new product McAfee developed to help parents communicate online safety and help kids stay safer online. The product is the McAfee Family Protection 2.0. I am impressed by its intelligence and I think a great “wave” to our Internet future.
Basically, McAfee Family Protection is trying to help families set age-appropriate limits on usage and content without blacklisting every questionable site. Hulu, for example, can be filtered based on a show’s specific rating, instead of just disallowing the site altogether.
Some of the features include:
- Age-Appropriate Settings
- Filtering for Internet TV, Music and Online Games
- Search Engine Integration
- Enhanced Remote Device Management
- Email Activity Reports
- Encrypted website blocking
- Program blocking
- Time limits
- Email blocking
- Instant email or text alerts
- Social network and YouTube filtering
View the Slideshow (lefthand side) within this article to get an inside peak.
For more information: http://home.mcafee.com/store/family-protection